GORGONA ISLAND TOUR
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Strenuous
Group Size Medium Group
Guapi is a place that you can arrive from the most important city airports of Colombia, we can arrange your tickets and reservations. Just make contact with us and we’ll work on that.
The Gorgona National Natural Park is a small paradise of biodiversity that jumps out from the high seas when the leafy and exuberant tropical wet forest descends from the small cloudy peaks to the intense green of the mysterious waters of the Pacific.
The park is conformed by two islands, Gorgona and Gorgonilla, that received the name of Francisco Pizarro in 1527; as his men were bitten by many snakes, I compare them with female monsters of Greek mythology. There are also indications of a pre-Columbian settlement of the XIII century B.C. which is fundamental for the compression of the ethnohistory of the region.
Gorgona was the maximum security prison for 25 years until, in 1984, scientists, environmentalists and human rights defenders led a campaign to close the prison. This is how the park was created, including an important portion of the surrounding marine area.
- Ground transportation Guapi’s Airport – Pier- Guapi’s Airport
- Sea transportation pier- Gorgona- pier.
- 3 Breakfast, 3 Lunch and 3 dinner per person.
- Multiple Accomodation with front view of the beach.
- Groups from 6 to 18. (we are flexible on this arrangement)
- Transfer tour Playa Palmeras.
- Transfer tour to Playa Yundinga.
- Walking tour to old prison.
- Boots to walking tours.
- Air tickets.
- Transport to airport from the cities of origin.
- Entrada al Parque Nacional.
- Not specified service in the tour.
- Expenses for flight cancellation.
City of origin to Guapi. Arrive to Guapi by plane. Reception at the airport and then transport to Guapi town, where will take a boat to a beautifull island in the middle of the ocean. Lunch will be waiting and the rest of the afternoon to enjoy the beach.
Early in the morning breakfast and then our first tour to Playa Palmeras, a stunning waterfall that we will find after a speedboat ride and a 20 minutes walk through an indian reserve and a humid tropical jungle. We’ll be back for lunch, and then, you can enjoy the afternoon by exploring some of the places near the hotel.
Early in the morning breakfast and then our second tour to playa Yundigua or any other activities that we have had choose and arrange previously. We’ll be back for lunch and to enjoy the beach, doing snorkelling or kayak.
Early in the morning breakfast and getting ready to say good bye to a great experience in the island, having the best food and really nice people at our service. We will be transfer by boat to the pier and then we’ll take another transport to the airport.
Multiple accommodation with front view of the beach.
Optional Activities (subject to be paid at the island):
Scuba Diving, cost of simple inmersion COP$160.000, Double inmersión COP$265.000. Includes instructor, all the equipment, and the boat. If you want to dive at night will have an additional charge of COP$28.000
Whales watching (July to October) COP$95.000
- Always travel on the paths established in land and water routes.
- We recommend the company of a local guide or interpreter.
- Carry identity documents and current medical insurance.
- The vaccine against tetanus and yellow fever is recommended 10 days before the trip.
- For security, you should be informed in advance of the sites suitable for swimming.
- Inform yourself about the established schedules for income and visits to the park, some trails only open at specific times.
- Save the garbage you generate during your visit and take it out when you leave the protected area, including biodegradable waste.
- No pets are allowed in the park, refrain from bringing them, they will not be allowed to enter.
- Do not supply food or leave residues on the road so as not to alter the diet of the species.
- In order not to disturb the tranquility of animal species, the use of flash should be duly switched off.
- Avoid carrying elements harmful to biodiversity such as aerosols or non-biodegradable cleaning elements.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited within the park.
- It is not possible to carry firearms and implements used for hunting, fishing and logging since these activities are totally prohibited in protected areas.
- The observation of birds requires minimal disturbance, which requires the use of binoculars to admire their behavior and beauty. For no reason should you frighten the birds with noises so that they fly up.
- The Gorgona park is one of the mating and feeding sites of the humpback whale. For this reason its persecution is prohibited from the boats; They can only be observed in fortuitous encounters, during which visitors must follow the recommendations according to the regulations.
- And others that are suggested and / or stipulated by National Natural Parks of Colombia.